Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Welcome Back!

I haven't posted anything in almost a year. That was not my intention when I wrote my last post in March of 2012. I intended, once my family was moved and we were all settled, to start back again. I also intended to write even more frequently because I wouldn't be working and I would have more time. I should be able to write more, right?

Clearly, I was mistaken. My husband got a new job in Atlanta, so we made the move from Chattanooga kind of frantically. The husband wasn't sure if he would get the job, so we didn't plan on moving until after he had a hire date. What a horrible move that was. We still had a few weeks to get everything together, but it was still difficult to get everything packed and ready for a family of five. Then, there was the getting here. The day of the move, one of the boys ended up in the urgent care. We also found out the gas hadn't been turned on at the house so we didn't have hot water. It wouldn't be turned on for another week after that because of an issue with the water heater. Our refrigerator broke down and we had to throw all of our food away. The plumbing in the house had gotten clogged from no one living at the residence and toilets started overflowing with raw sewage the first week. To say that those first two weeks were a disaster is an understatement of glorious porportions.

However, we are here and still standing. All of the problems were fixed or corrected as best they could be and all is well. I did discover, though, that being a stay at home mom to a toddler doesn't allot for hours and hours of free time. Or any free time. So I quickly forgot about my writing and devoted myself to being good to my husband and children in this new life that we started in Atlanta.

I am ready to start writing again though for a couple of reasons. One is that it keeps me close to God. It keeps me in the Word and I need to be in the Word all the time. I can't be a good wife, a good mother or a good anything with out Jesus permiating every part of me. The second is that I am going to start teaching Bible study again and I like having this extra outlet to share what God is showing me through teaching. Because God teaches me through my studying more than I actually teach.

So thanks for sticking around. My goal is to post twice a week. That is a lot - especially considering how long it has been since I have posted anything. But I'm committed. I'm all in. I look forward to hearing your feedback about my posts.

I love you all!
In Christ -
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment